Are you evaluating content marketing vs social media marketing for your business promotion? Social media marketing and content marketing are crucial digital marketing strategies to run a business. Whether you want to build brand awareness, gain potential customers, increase brand engagement, or target audiences to bring the best outcome from online marketing, both these marketing strategies play a vital role. The fact is that people are still unaware of these two marketing terminologies. To make you understand these two marketing strategies, Blue Logic IT Solutions brings you a detailed guide on content marketing vs social media marketing.
Connect with us online to learn how you can excel in your online business with these two digital marketing strategies.
What Exactly Is Content Marketing?
In layman’s terms, content marketing focuses on creating and distributing valuable content to attract and retain profitable customers. Indeed, content marketing is the starting point of digital marketing campaigns. Content marketing is the best solution for you as a business owner if you want to attract a large number of customers. You may be interested to learn that content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing. Different types of content included in content marketing are:
Some solid reasons why a content marketing strategy is essential:
- Enhance brand awareness
- Educate audiences
- Strong customer relationship management
- Great for digital marketing solutions
Call Us At 561.228.1871 To Get Content Marketing Services
An Overview Of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing focuses on the use of popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube to increase brand awareness, promote products, increase sales, etc. In other words, social media marketing is a kind of direct and indirect marketing tactic which promotes a particular brand on the social web through social media posts or social sharing. The key to a successful social media marketing strategy is to have conversations with customers without being too promotional.
There are many marketing tactics that you can follow to promote your brand on social media, which include:
- Sharing Twitter and Facebook updates
- Comments on blogs, images, videos
- Forum posts
- Running organic or paid social media marketing campaigns.
Unlike traditional advertising, social media marketing is –
- Good at enhancing SEO ranking
- Great at brimming traffic
- Helpful in building brand loyalty
Through social media networks, businesses can do direct marketing through social media networks, building public relations, and much more.
Boost Your Social Media Campaigns By Calling 561.228.1871
Social Media Marketing Vs Content Marketing: Major Differences
To reap the benefits of these two marketing techniques, you must know their difference, which includes:
- Content marketing focuses on content creation and distribution to the target market, whereas social media marketing is the process of gaining people’s attention through multiple social media platforms.
- Content marketing is an indirect way to reach out to the audience or potential customers. In contrast, social media helps you directly promote your brand through social channels to make your business successful.
- One of the primary marketing objectives of content marketing is raising brand awareness and providing relevant information against users’ queries. Social media marketing, on the other hand, aims to increase sales, followers, and engagement through popular marketing channels.
- Content marketing is a way to put content on the web, whereas social media is the practice of sharing content on social platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- The center of gravity (marketing activity) in content marketing is a brand’s website that plays a significant role in increasing content marketing efforts. In the case of social media, the center of gravity is within social media networks. When social media marketers are operating social media campaigns, they’re basically operating inside Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
Both content marketing and social media marketing are integrated marketing strategies that play a crucial role in building brand awareness and increasing the customer base. You can’t ignore any of the marketing strategies to run a successful business.
Contact Blue Logic IT Solutions To Assist You With Content Marketing vs Social Media Marketing
Do you still have questions regarding content marketing or social media marketing? Connect with Blue Logic IT Solutions to get digital marketing services for your business. We’re here to help and skyrocket your business. Call at 561.228.1871